Recent content by StevegHI

  1. S

    VBA Compiler Long Statement

    I'm trying to perform an Application.Activesheet.Protect and I can't seem to get a multiple line statement or even a single line statement to execute. All of the variables below are defined. Here's a couple of examples: Application.Activesheet.Protect Password:=S_Password, _...
  2. S

    How Secure is XLS Padlock?

    I think the larger test is that it will be much cheaper for somebody to recreate most worksheets from scratch than to hack around in XLSPadlock. This makes the hacking uneconomical.
  3. S

    Compiled XLS Padlock EXE closes when Windows file dialog opens (Save As / Insert Image)

    You're definitely welcome. Will test this week-end or next week (after doing taxes o_O).
  4. S

    Compiled XLS Padlock EXE closes when Windows file dialog opens (Save As / Insert Image)

    Hello, Got the message again. Opened the IMFMain.exe compiled program, selected choose save file, and went to "Cancel" because I realized I wanted a recent file instead. Program ended immediately. Event viewer shows the following: Faulting application name: XLSPadlockLoad64.exe, version...
  5. S

    Compiled XLS Padlock EXE closes when Windows file dialog opens (Save As / Insert Image)

    Hello from soon to be wet Hawaii! Just got the unexpected failure where the program exited without any obvious reason. It occurred when I moved the mouse quickly after the file dialog was displayed. Immediately went to the event viewer and got the following in the Application Log: Source...
  6. S

    Compiled XLS Padlock EXE closes when Windows file dialog opens (Save As / Insert Image)

    I haven't forgotten. Watching for this problem. It's not easy to reproduce. I saw the criticism in a previous post. I take a somewhat different view. There are so many combinations of operating system features and third party extensions that anything any of us can do to help resolve this not...
  7. S

    Compiled XLS Padlock EXE closes when Windows file dialog opens (Save As / Insert Image)

    I've gotten the same crash but it is intermittent, I don't use Nortons, and no client has reported it. Will attempt to reproduce, check event logs, and reply if I can find something substantive.
  8. S

    Solution Issue with 2026.0

    Just installed 2026.0 and had to uninstall previous version. Used the contact system and they simply had to clear it on their side. Kudos for the quick response!
  9. S

    Minimum Excel Version for XLS Padlock.

    Thanks. Apologies for the wrong forum. Minimum of 16 catches most inconsistencies real early. The build number is controlling, regardless of Excel release. For anybody's information, was able to get the minimum build level for various functions (attached). Obviously, sources not guaranteed
  10. S

    Minimum Excel Version for XLS Padlock.

    I updated my Excel spreadsheet to use "Let" and IFS". I just found out that "Let" requires a minimum of Excel 2024. I don't have a problem with setting the minimum but this level doesn't appear to exist in the information section of the Security, Excel Versions tab for compiling the spreadsheet...
  11. S

    Setting Cancel=True in Workbook.BeforeSave subroutine doesn't appear to work in compiled. Any workaround ideas?

    Okay, got some excellent support from André C. from GDGSupport! ' Manual: 2025.2 Section 10.2.3 has some information on this particular call except for a different reason: 'Programmatically Hide Wait/Loading Dialogs 1. In the Workbook_BeforeSave: Disable [Call...
  12. S

    Setting Cancel=True in Workbook.BeforeSave subroutine doesn't appear to work in compiled. Any workaround ideas?

    I'm on 2025.2 with Windows/10 and have a complex Excel spreadsheet. However, when I try to save, I need the option to cancel it in the Workbook.BeforeSave subroutine. Setting Cancel=True end exiting the subroutine doesn't cancel the save. It works in the xlsm version but not in the compiled...
  13. S

    Save during execution defaults to old directory

    Okay, tested it out on 2025.2. Did a A3=SetSecureWorkbookFilename(A1) where A1="H:\Xfer*.xlsc It appears to get the directory correct. The save screen looks like the following: It appears that I need to call the routine once with the directory name followed by a "\" and again with the file...
  14. S

    Save during execution defaults to old directory

    Thanks! Will check it out in about a week.
Back
Top